Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rahul Gandhi after being made Vice-President of Congress


"Last night everyone congratulated me.  Many of you came and hugged me and congratulated me.  Everybody congratulated me.  But last night my mother came to my room and she sat with me and she cried.  Why did she cry?  She cried because she understands that the power so many seek is actually a poison.  She can see it because of what it does to the people around her and the people they love.  But most importantly she can see it because she is not attached to it.  The only antidote to this 
poison is for all of us to see it for what it really is and not become attached to it.  We should not chase power for the attributes of power.  We should only use it to empower the voiceless"


"Direct cash transfer is going to allow us to respond to these dreams with an empowering delivering system.  My father used to speak about 15 paisa to the rupee reaching the people and we today are preparing the system that is going to  answer that question.  We are going to answer that question. And 99% of our people’s money can go to them. It is a revolution  that no other country has done.  And we are preparing that revolution."


-Having been a deadly fan of Rahul Gandhi for a long time and then being completely disillusioned with him after the U.P. debacle, 2G and the lokpal, it was good to read his speech recently.

No comments: